Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Denque Fever

I came from hospital today, winning fight from Denque Fever. I was hospitalized for 4 nites. I begged God, I would not be infected by such illness anymore in the future.
Denque Fever is a common illness in Indonesia, but for someone like me who have lived in overseas for too long and just recently been back, denque is not something that is familiar. In fact, I didn't even know my two siblings had suffered from it sometime ago.

To summarized, the symptom of denque fever may varies from person to person but here are what I felt. It started from:
1. Nausea
2. lose of apetite and having the urge to vomit
3. Headache
4. Fever (usually high @ 6pm onwards until the next day 9am) Highest is 39.6 dec C
My fever started on monday evening. And I was sent to hospital on friday morning.
5. Occasionally feeling of numbing on the skin and face
6. Diarhea
7. Extreme body pain. Especially lower and middle back, as well as the bones of the leg and the joints.
8. Occasionally prickling pain, similar to being beaten.
9. Stomach bloated.
10. Leukosit dropped to 4000 then 3300 to the lowest 2700
11. Thrombosit dropped from 223,000 to 119,000 to 109,000 to 89,000 to 76,000 until it stopped on the 3rd day of hospital stay and rised back to 128,000.
12. Anemic. Usual Hb 12, dropped to 10.7.

For my case, I did not have spots on my body. In fact the DB tested negative. I thought I might be suffereing from typhus.

My blood was taken 3 x a day so they could monitor my thrombosit level. Doctor said, if it dropped below 30, they would give me transfusion.

I drank alot of pink guava juice, angkah water, pocari sweat and continue for force myself to eat no matter how sick I feel.
Most importantly is, having someone caring for you and encourage you to recover.

I am lucky, I don't have to stay in hospital for too long.

Comments:
hi, just a passerby from SG to see your entry. Ya, drink more water and rest well. Get well soon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]