Friday, February 29, 2008

TCM

"Acupuncture"-another option for healing



I was not a big fan of seeking chinese traditional doctors for treatment whenever I was sick. I prefered western-healing. Probably because I don't really fancy herbs and usually chinese-medicines heal slower-by from internal to external and I can't wait that long to be back to good health.



--



I got my neck sprained recently-when I was sleeping. I knew, western doctor won't be able to heal such pain, except giving me pain-killer. But it was hard to find TCM medical centre in Singapore. Even if there is one, it will be long queue. So I decided to go to Reflextology centre instead. Thinking that after a good neck and shoulder massage I would feel better.



--



The next day, my pain got worst and I got two swollen & bruise parts on my shoulder. So I decided to visit the TCM Health Care Medical Centre at Clementi Ave 3. There is only 1 chiense doctor there, and he is very nice. I got to queue for half an hour before my turn. And he treated me with acupuncture and other methods (the whole session took about 1 hour), and I was given 2 types of medicines to eat. Total cost was only $38!.

Usually if i went for normal health-clinic (western type), it would at least cost me $70 include medicine just for 'flu' illness.

It was my first time trying acupuncture:-not as bad as I thought-in fact the comfort almost made me fall asleep.

I felt so much better now. At least I can turn my head 90 degree now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]