Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Selfish house owner

Being a foreigner is tough-coz you are homeless all the time
You move from one place to another and you live with different types of people whom you called housemates.

I wouldnot say all house owners are bad. I met a very nice 'homestay' mom when I was in Australia: who brought me around to eat nice foods and took very good care of me without expecting anything in return.

However, I could only find such a nice house owner 1 in 10 chance. In Singapore, I lived with 2 before, both of them were extremely 'calculative' and 'heartless'. All they saw in their tenants are only 'money' and how to make profit.

Once I was forced to move out before my tenancy date is over. She thought she could get a much better offer from others who wanted to buy or sell the house. But I insisted i wouldn't want to. She forgot my kindness of helping her to find a tenant to replace my room much earlier before I told her about my room termination.

Now that no one is buying the house, neither want to rent the room, she came back to me, asking my help to find any tenants that are willing to stay for a few weeks. So she could earn more money.

Last night I found out my housemate was moving out too. She was told to find a new place, i guess during the same time when I was forced to move out.

I pretended to ask her why my housemate was moving out. She told me, it was because she wanted to find a place nearby her workplace.

Oh come on, I knew my housemate loves the place she is living right now. She is enjoying every single day, when no one cares what she is doing. She doesn't even have to empty the dustbin and clean the toilet.

You don't have to lie to me your guilt.

Serving her right for her own greediness. Her two bedrooms will be empty after we left.

I think she will never find tenants as good as both of us who are preserving well her house anymore. (except for my housemate's bedroom which would probably remain smelly forever).

I really admire some of my friends' house owners, who do not increase the rental prices despite of market volatility.

In life, there are still many things beyond money to look at!.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]