Monday, February 25, 2008

The journey of life



I happened to visit the hospital, at the ICU Unit.
For the first time, I was peeping at a stranger who was struggling to live
with all the appratus connected to her body.
Outside the room were many of her family members, relative and friends in distraught.

I stood for at least 15 minutes.
Looking at her heart pumping up and down at irregular beats
I could feel she was in pain to breathe
For a moment I felt, so 'afraid'
[Last nite I even dreamt of being chased by vampires]
I talked to God, is this how life will end for everyone of us that you have created?
Just like when I saw a baby rabbit that I used to have, fighting for its life, a few years ago.
Once the heart stopped beating
I prounced it dead.


Everything ends with a full stop.
Recylce bin was emptied
No turning back
No amendment for regrets
No place to pour how much you are longing to see the person anymore
Just like how much I wished my grandpa was still alive

This is how fragile life is. There is nothing like "forever" isn't it?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]